The mission of Norfolk Public Schools, the cornerstone of a proudly diverse community, is to ensure that all students maximize their academic potential, develop skills for lifelong learning and are successful contributors to a global society, as distinguished by: • Courageous advocacy for all students
• Family and community investment
• Data-driven personalized learning
• Strong and effective leadership teams
• Shared responsibility for teaching and learning
• Access to rigorous and rewarding college and career readiness opportunities
Board & Division Priorities
• Ensure full accreditation
• Increase academic achievement of all students
• Improve climate, safety & attendance
• Become a School Board of Distinction
• Promote Norfolk Public Schools to reflect outstanding accomplishments of staff, teachers and students
• Develop and coordinate a capital improvement plan for facilities and technology to enhance teaching and learning
• Attract, retain, and help to develop strong academic families and highly qualified teachers and staff
What's Happening in NPS
July 3 - August 21: NPS offices closed on Fridays.
Monday, July 13: Teacher job fair. Click here for information.
Friday, Aug. 7-Sunday, Aug. 9: Virginia sales tax "holiday," when purchases of certain school supplies, clothing and footwear will be exempt from sales tax. Each eligible school supply item must be priced at $20 or less, and each eligible article of clothing and footwear must be priced at $100 or less. For details, visit the Virginia Department of Taxation's Web site .
Tuesday, Aug. 25 & Wednesday, Aug. 26: Professional learning days for teachers